Monday, November 10, 2008

Humpty Dumpty’s great fall

These things I see now,
Are certainly not lovely at all,
These things that flit past me,
Terrify my soul,
I sit here on my wall,
I can hear my destiny call,
A Regal Retinue traverses through a Roman wilderness,
Armed with hate and rage,
Waiting to turn the page,
I sit here alone on my wall,
Wallowing in my own grief,
I hear the Devil snickering behind,
I sold him my soul,
For two pence, the whole,
And for just one day for the peace of my mind…
I look behind I blink,
I see,
A glimpse of morbid reality,
Behind the wall lies a world
Where I’ll be beaten, and I’ll be torn,
I’ll be impaled the day I was born,
Where people will laugh at everything I do,
Where all my nightmares will come true,
Where I owe the devil my life and my soul,
Where I wish to be emancipated, part or a whole,
Where I shall be ridiculed for the egg that I am,
Where my love shall leave me, leave me to be damned,
A place that will forget me the day I pass by,
They’ll hug me so tightly but I know that’s a lie…
I see in front of me a way out of this,
I portend myself deserved Elysian bliss,
I jump from this wall and fall down break,
I smile in my pain, but for once I’m awake,
There comes a retinue of the golden crown,
Mocking at me, through their well-guarded frowns,
Stilted and greedy, sadists at heart,
Were glad to see an egg mutilated apart,
They came and they danced and they trampled on me,
They knew I was useless and they let me be…

But in my great fall, I found pleasure in pain,
I had suffered a lot, but now never again…


Ed Lithium

No comments: